Assistant Director of Finance -589 – Dublin
Action Recruitment are currently seeking applications for the position of Assistant Director of Finance to join the team of our client a luxurious 5 star property in Leinster. Reporting to the Financial Controller the successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role from a similar background demonstrating detailed knowledge of Accountancy practices, be highly organised and committed to following policies and procedures and have high proficiency of the English language and have excellent analytical and IT skills
Duties include but are not limited to: –
1. Form a strong working relationship with the Financial Controller and Senior Management of the hotel group.
2. To optimise the hotels financial performance and strategic position.
3. Take overall control of the hotel’s accounting function
4. Providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, targets, and plans
5. Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
6. Lead and develop finance teams
7. Develop implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
8. Ensure that all statutory requirements are met
9. Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liase with external auditors where necessary
10. Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
11. Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable and credit control
12. Review monthly results and implement monthly reporting
13. Oversee the book keeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll